Pages

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Mixed Media Canvas - Skull

Good Morning you lovely Crafter's.
Hope everything is good in your crafty world.

I am a bit late in posting this as life got in the way and then i got Tonsillitis which knocked me of my feet but slowly i am getting better.

So today i have for you a small Mixed Media Canvas.
I so love doing this sort of art and just playing and seeing the end result.

I have a few step by step photo's to show how i made this.

Firstly as always i sealed the canvas with Gesso.
Next apply texture paste through the Andy Skinner Skull stencil.
While that is drying cut the Cog Dies and layer them up for more depth.
In the bottom corners i stuck lot's of Tissue Paper using the Multi Surface Primer & created lots of creases for texture.
Then i added the paper straws & some cheesecloth.
Next paint over all of it with Gesso


 Now to have fun with Paints, Sprays & Waxes
I love this part so much lol


I mixed some seed beads & micro beads with a little multi surface primer and dabbed that around the canvas. 
Once that was dry i added more colours to just the corners.
I used DoCrafts shimmer sprays and waxes.


 I drybrushed the Skull with acrylic paint to define the edges more.


I added a Bottle Cap & filled that with Glossy Accents & sprinkled gold seed beads into it and pushed 2 small Skull beads into that.
I also stamped a Tim Holtz stamp at the top left.
To finish off i used several colours of Inca Gold to highlight in places.

Here it is all finished!


Here's a close up photo of the bottom left corner.
Can you see the little spiders? 
Well they are confetti shapes painted & i applied the waxes to them.


I hope i haven't bored you too much but just wanted to show you how i created it.

All products used apart from the straws, bottlecap, skull beads, spiders, Memory Box Cog Corner die are from That Craft Place Ltd 

Head over to the Blog to see what the rest of the Amazing DT have made.

I would also like to enter the Following Challenges :-

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Love the before picture, and to see the transformation! The little skulls are amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite the stunning piece and so wonderfully done! Thanks so much for sharing this with us on the SASPC FB page. That skull stencil is now on my wish list. Stunning make Amanda! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete